Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring is near... Or here already!

It was so warm earlier this week, I could open my windows without fearing a cold! It felt like spring, although spring has less to do with temperature and more to do with the equinox... although it is technically "spring" if you're a climatologist (I watch the weather channel too much, but I digress)

So I started knitting a lace scarf. It's been busy so I haven't had time to think of a design, so I used a free lion yarn pattern again. It's quite easy, you just need to know k2tog and yo.

I made a few mistakes I didn't catch too far into knitting that I couldn't frog it, so I kept on going. The times when I could catch them, I messed up going backwards to fix it. I'm not used to the e-wrap because the twisted stockinette is a stitch I quite despise.

My greatest mistake was slipping the stitch at the ends when turning. I realized this too late, but I won't make the mistake again! I love the nice braid that comes with slipping a stitch but the garter stitch needs to be done on both ends to prevent curling. It's a lace pattern so the curling isn't as noticeable. I still haven't weaved in the ends yet, but it is nearly 1 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment