Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy New Year! I am late

Hi everyone! I have been so busy lately I haven't been able to post. My research project took up a whole chunk of my time, and after that, I was working on finishing my Christmas presents! And now a new (and hopefully) final semester has come

I only have big looms, so I had to nix the idea of making everything using a loom, since chunky knits can use up a lot of yarn. Don't judge. I gave away 29 presents to my family members this year, although most of them were not knitted products! I am not even including acquaintances here.

Baby keyhole knit scarves, style a la anthropologie
I messed up the purple cast off (which I later fixed). The difference in size is because one baby is older than the other.  I'm sure you can make something similar on the loom, but the stitches would be bigger.


Loom knit lap throw

Mattress stitching this baby up. The giftees love colour. I regret that I could not do this project in one colour - this was the only bulk yarn with 3 rolls left during holiday time... but they still like it. It's super warm. (The next post shall be...)
I did use a loom! I made a tiled blanket of a squares pattern for my aunts.  Unfortunately, I should have thought ahead and made 3 long panels. I ended up making 15 squares for the blanket and sewing them together. I actually like sewing...but the weaving in the ends was the most annoying part. I'll probably post a pattern later in the week. Acrylic is a pain to block, and I unfortunately finished the blanket too late to be able to throw it in the washer and dryer...so hopefully they'll do that to straighten it out.


Some other news: I will be having a minimum post a month.  They may not be tutorials or anything...but possibly even projects I did, because those posts take up less time. Fingers crossed that I will be able to do my schoolwork and post and volunteer. I also apologize for the photos taken from my cell. I totally regret that.




No comments:

Post a Comment